Our Club Patrons & Life Members
Patrons: Gavin Inch, Marj Walker.
Life Members: Alan Roper, John Rowe, Marj Walker, Vera Thompson.
Lawn Bowls at Oxford
The perception of Lawn Bowls being a game just for your Granny and Grandpa couldn't be more wrong. In New Zealand we currently have a very active secondary schools programme and at Oxford Club Bowls we welcome both men and women players of all ages, abilities, experienced or total beginner's. Coaching is available to all members if or when you feel it is required.
Have a go at Lawn Bowls
Our membership ranges from school children, teenagers, middle aged to the retired and busy farmers. We also have two physically disabled players that use a wheelchair to play bowls.
Both our Men and Women club members have won many titles at various levels. We have (Men & Women) representing Malvern and Canterbury at all levels: Youth, Junior and Senior. Our two wheelchair bowlers represent Canterbury and New Zealand Disabled Bowls.
Our vision and goals for the future
1. Encourage and offer the opportunity to as many people as possible to get out onto the bowling greens of New Zealand.
2. To host a variety of bowling tournaments and encourage participation from within the Christchurch and North Canterbury Region.
3. To offer support, advice and any assistance we can to attract people to this wonderful social sport.
4. Give accurate information and informed advice in all aspects: membership, coaching, sports equipment and any funding facilities available to them.
5. To produce the best teams we can at all levels of bowling:
Club Events » Interclub Events » Represent Malvern » Represent Canterbury » Represent NZ
The game of lawn bowls is all about socialising, having fun and people. Why not come down to the club and give it a go. You won't regret it!